Tuesday, September 25, 2012

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES



I was indeed thrilled to read  the article “our children miss the fun & frolic of yesteryear’ in the open page The Hindu dated 13-11-11.

Actually it helped me to rewind my childhood memories. Nowadays I repeatedly brood over the past knowing fully well that those days are never to return. Even though my parents had six siblings and my father had to opt for Tamil Nadu govt service,when the Indian states were divided and formed, we three brothers were  unlucky to live away from parents and we lived with our grandparents in Kerala.We had an understanding grandfather who was also a schoolteacher and a vigilant grandma to supervise our studies.My playtime was reduced to marbles,throw balls, Pallankuzhi, home cricket with paper rolled with rubber bands serving as balls, Only entertainment was all India radio cricket commentary,AND that too when our grandma was busy in the kitchen. Cometh April, we  used to board the train to be with our parents and our siblings. Cometh June we cursed the calendar, because we had to return.We had lot of fun when we were with our parents,

Grief strikes me now and then when those days are rolled over in my mind.I selfishly wish those days to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

   A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE     AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE           E...