Wednesday, June 12, 2024

 


 A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE

   


AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE          

Every birth in nature, a gift to see the universe and enjoy,

World  welcomes every creature with glee and a blessing,

Inanimate, common to all factory born, so too yours truly,

Royal gestation and a tumultuous delivery, all bemusing.

 

Older discarded siblings , all despising me with a wry  grin,

Ignorant of their fate, or their sudden and untimely death,

Some razed by the fire, some never saw the world again ,

All the rest in an unknown terrain, yet I wasn’t dejected.

 

Hailed as a blemish less monarch, Oh I was on cloud nine,

Proud of my frenzied beauty, soon I hated my cousins’ ilk.

All rushing  to caress me, fondling me, every now and then,

Ecstasy  blinding my vision, poor cousins  in a jealous blink.

 

Rejoicing  an exalted status, despite warnings from within.

My ilk declined in number, handling  becoming a  burden,

Affluent continued to pile me, easier to handle me in bulk;

The poor hated me daily, all preferring my poorer cousins,

 

My toddler life was rosy, infancy and childhood all thorny ,

A life threatening fall in sight, all my cousins are laughing;

Immortal becomes a mortal, a fatal and a contagious one,

Asylum is the remedy, treatment of isolation in full swing.

 

My royal life and status cut short, amidst huge hue and cry

The rich, all awe struck. the poor unmoved, in a silent laugh,

My  cousins over joyous and celebrating my premature exit ,

Underdogs  now the rulers, my stocks now in a  fast tumble

 

With the rich, all my unseen populace explore a safer room,

Unsure of the  source, the rich  researching  my  exchange,

My days are numbered, so too of my  populace for the doom,

Pride goes before a fall, the proverb still  ringing in my ears,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

   A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE     AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE           E...