Tuesday, October 18, 2022

 

LIVING AROUND CORONA…. 

         LIVING WITH CORONA……

                LEAVING BEHIND CORONA…. 

These three lines  remind me three horrifying years across the world, 

No country escaped its wrath, sweeping frontiers never once before,

The rich and the poor, the capitalist or the  communist saw its sword,

Millions succumbed already, rest  live in fear, awaiting the silent foe.

 

Around the corona, we lived  with prayers in our lips in its maiden year,

The mutant genome showed its ugly face, worsening results in store

Vaccines halted the virus for a while, now a third dose is in top gear,

Masking the face, Yours truly held its spike at bay away from my shore.

 

I lost the race, the mild variant found  out my nostril ,had an easy entry,

All the minimal immunity offered by the triple dose vanished in thin air,

My bloated ego too got a beating, and  my feet back to earth finally.

The Chinese proverb gives me a boost, that sounds just and indeed fair.

 

It all started from Wuhan, all  the unaffected are scoundrel and bossy,

I escaped the wrath and envious public eyes, I am a relieved persona.

I can sit back and relax, forget the D-dimer for a moment and enjoy,

Now the spike is not within me, around me, I can march ahead of corona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

   A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE     AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE           E...