Thursday, July 14, 2016


BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER 
                                ........   SOMETIMES FLOCK TOGETHER,


https://knowyourphrase.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/birds-flocking-together.jpg


 Curiously I changed this proverb to my liking, surely not without a reason,
 A doctor  in the habit of viewing  the eyes for the subtle changes in color,
 Oft  commonly watching  crows more often than not, here is a deviation,
 When one spares the sight from the routine, other interests fall in favor.

 Of late, my habits are intriguing to the ornithologist friend, truly in plenty,
 Watching the hummingbird  with interest, in united states, in my sojourn
 Yours truly is never a  photographer, senility  hampers my innate satiety
 Naked eyes, hide the finer moment ,when object distances from your run.

 Ruminating my youth, when birds do make a flying entry in our backyard ,
 From the cuckoo singing mellifluously, irritating oft by my own imitation,
 Dejected after hearing, the bored male partner leaving for a better bard,
 Visits by the noisy mynah feeding on our kitchen waste, was an addition.

The rare kites and the gracious pigeons lifting the dead rats or the grains.
The visits to the pond helped me to sight the herons or the kingfishers
the rare egrets make some splashes in a covert bird lover, without pains,
The sparrows chirp a bit now and then, oft the crows are our scavengers.

My visit to see peacock in zoo, awesome sight leaving my eyes in freeze,
A seven year old, to the seventh decade now, its the sight of my lifetime,
These sights  buried deep in me, till I saw this humming birds in spree,
Just a second, my sight, flew in front  to the nearest tree for its fuel time.

The smallest long distance avian migrant, between the forests and desert
Summer and winter homes, nectar  filling stations in between the flight,
Named after Greek muse Calliope, oft feeds on insects for its dessert.
Beats wings so fast in its entire  flights, thus earning the famed sobriquet.


1 comment:

   A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE     AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE           E...