Saturday, July 23, 2016

WADING THROUGH THE CLOUDS

Walking On Clouds | Breathtaking places, Places to visit, Nature photos

Ask any five year old boy in a metro, spot reply comes, also very suave
 Spontaneous too, prefers a travel in space, his choice, most will agree,
 Given the option, he would circle with outstretched hands in a wave,
 Like a bird he will make flashy moves, hops and in uninhibited spree.

 I , did carry this cherished ambition from my teens, waiting the moments
 Finally I got my tickets for my maiden travel, a trip to Mumbai years back,
 Excitement through my nerves, spending so many sleepless moments,
 Pounding pulse rates, profuse sweats made me to the airport sans slack.

. Like every child, wishing the window seat, but seat belt was novice to me
 Many future trips didn’t have the same thrills, as often it does for many
, This trip walloped them all, familiar faces too inside the craft, beside me,
 Old friends, class mates, all college mates and their spouses ,kids so many.

 Destinations I didn’t query, nor the itinerary, the scenes were awesome,
  A grand union of batch mates, some of them we haven’t met for years,
 Thanks to untiring efforts of organizing mates, mobiles wept overtime,
 Countless emails speak their voluminous efforts, wearing happy smears.

 I was seated in the middle, specifically booked as in medical college register,
 Monitor acting for our biochemistry professor, calling those names in order,
 The aircraft getting wobble, warnings from the cockpit over peels of laughter,
 First halt at Dubai, cheery friends making a noisy exit, the crews now in order,

 The second leg of the journey was even more cheerful, noisy, no qualms either,
 Troubles started midway flying over the ocean, hearts in arrhythmia altogether,
 Groans and moans followed, the crew still worse, the hostesses pale as paper ,
 I was worse, sudden shriek emanated from my throat , friends smelling disaster

 Every one gathered around me, shaking me violently, bringing me to my senses,
 Seventy batch was in my breath, thoughts in my mind, and in wild dreams too.
 The batch mates gone, the hostesses gone, only the worried eyes of my spouse,
 The call of the verse on dreams in my brains before sleep, re bouncing this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

   A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE     AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE           E...