Saturday, November 13, 2021

 

LEND ME THY EARS …FOR A WHILE

                                                                          


                                                                   

Suddenly the ringing of my mobile did scatter my research,

As I clutched the mobile and held it close to my earlobe,

My thoughts of the auditory apparatus vacillated before me.

My thoughts of the auditory apparatus vacillated before me.

                                           

                                              Curious aren’t they? unlike other sense organs to be precise,

Like the eyes and nose, we have two, but  never they  meet,

Conduct sounds in the same way, we enjoy their presence,

Yet, hear decibels ranging from twenty to twenty thousand.

 

Ears, oft suffer from ignominy and unrecognized exclusion,

Ugly twins never utter a word, hear everything in contempt,

Other organs win vantage sites on face, ears face side out,

Never a connoisseur’s delight, in shape or size, oft in disgust.

 

Trampled  oft for silly mistakes in school, or after a poor show,

Bear with discomfort, the first  man made hole in thy body,

Holds more weight, at  jewelers’ comfort and  thy misfortune,

Adds more miseries at another’s discomfort as age advances.

 

Boredom often is averted by triggering thee, more out of fun

Burden of poor eye sight  again hurts your body than the eyes,

Helmet may save motorists’ life crushing thy freedom awhile,

Corona virus pains you ,  carry the weight of masks through out.

 

Ears such  an unselfish tolerant organ  you are!. I bow my head,

Conducting  sounds in deep slumber, working till our death

No praise is too high for thy sincere efficacy and commitment,

Selfless customer at our beck and call, till the  end of  life

 

,

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

   A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE     AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE           E...