Saturday, November 13, 2021

 WANDERING  AS A CLOUD

My  story may not ceate waves in your beach

May make you to sit up and hear my demise, 

Alive in person but dead by records in breach, 

Call by any name, the unusual event in surmise. 

 My life in brief, a handsome spinster in short, 

Monthly earnings enough to meet my needs,

Attachments, bank deposits never in boost, 

 Friends, my Achilles’ heel, never in my thoughts.

Ongoing pandemic stripped my job in a burst,  

Had to vacate rented house, funds not in flow, 

Begged  my “Friends” for funds all in no avail,

Quit the house, penniless ,lurching in darkness.

Hit by storm and struck by a lightning, a pity. 

 A thief robbed my all empty purse in my stretch, 

 Darkness hid my vision, I lost my sole identity,  

 Boarded the train  for a station in my reach.

 Newspaper revealed the ‘’Truth’’ I am no more, 

 Thief in his hurry with a big “theft” got killed, 

  Hit and run, his face was mangled beyond identity,

  His bounty showing my photo identity  instead,

 Kept my mobile in a silent mode to watch the fun,

 Friends called in plenty, face book sang my praises,

 Arranged for a decent funeral, collecting all funds,

 Banners, condolence meetings  held singing my deeds.

 Rare boon to hear about my death when  I am alive, 

 Fate is sometimes cruel, how come you can witness,

 A masked face hid my identity, while enjoying the fun
                                                                                                                                        Leaving this earth to wander as a lonely cloud in future.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment

   A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE     AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE           E...