Thursday, October 11, 2018

THE LAMENT OF A CAMERA(in camera)
                                     ~ A tribute to a dedicated photographer

15 types of photography genres you can pursue as a professional photographer  | by Gurpreet Singh | Medium                
Oft I  wondered  how I would indeed feel when I was sidelined,
As a boy, as a student, as a professional, my ego got undermined,
Anguish and disgust, soon prevailed  my psyche in total disdain,
I saw myself in a photo, alas! I consoled myself again and again

The Invention of a camera suddenly  flashed my mind in privacy,
Till then anything worth was etched in a draw or in our memory,
Both oft were a transient sojourn, buried in the pages of history,
The advent of this  camera revolutionized one and all in mastery.

This invention  by Eastman  caught everyone in awe and in delight,
Sheer thrill of seeing one in black and white, indeed was a sight,
Time rolled on, color films overruled, digitals, a spectacular sight
The camera is changing daily in its design, yet in lamenting plight.

Imagine, thousands of  thy photographs, of your own kith and kin,
Thoughts were not spared for that manpower or the machine,
A machine that recaptures thy moment of glory or of profession,
Or the ever lasting sights of beloveds or that of the departed one.

Here I enter as the camera in despair, a thought for introspection,
Many a moment in delight or sadness I was truly your companion
To err is human, you in turn forgot my presence, till the next event
Till then, yours truly, the silent camera, be left lamenting( in camera).

No comments:

Post a Comment

   A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE     AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE           E...