Tuesday, October 23, 2018


TREAD ON RED FOR YEARS IN STYLE…..
 
                          DREADED RED NOW IN NEAR EXILE…..







      









 
My life a sad one indeed, alive, believe me, now dying a slow death,
My age, I crossed a century and a half in style, now in huff and puff,
Reigning supreme even in my last decade, was never short of dearth,
My  confidence brimming at times, spilling too much with my stuff.

The kingpin before the electronic era, thy needs I did in grand shows
Guess what, collected thy currency, thy curricula, thy heart and love,
Messages from the son and daughter, their merriment and sorrows,
The news of childbirth or of the departed souls, received all in score.

Choked and spilled aplenty when thy festive seasons were in galore.
The dawn of every new year, I conceived  with thy messages more,
Year after year I toiled in the sun and winter, thy mirth all in my core,
Rains hurt my skin, I rusted and disgusted, a new coat rarely in store.

Suffered all these insults for thy service, serving the country my  aim,
Lost my charm, I agree, do I deserve  an obituary note, thee proclaim
Days trickle by, the electronic  threats indeed manhandle my frame,
Desolate and depressed, my existence now  in jeopardy and in shame.

The last score of years I do hear my death knell, thy leading the thrill,
Decline gradual, my appetite declined, my presence just a standstill ,
Pen lost its charm, writing a forgotten art, my coffers never in spill,
Fears cloud my vision, my end near, I beg thy mercy for my second fill.



No comments:

Post a Comment

   A ROYAL BIRTH AND AN EARLY DEMISE     AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A 2000 RUPEE NOTE           E...